We’re getting ready for the CIPD Learning and Development Show taking place at Olympia London on the 30 April and 1 May.
We attend as an exhibitor each year showcasing our latest talent management software, and we’re fortunate to meet lots of great people and have really valuable conversations.
If you’re intending to attend, either as a conference delegate or an exhibition visitor, we’ve learned that people get the most from the Show when they:
- Save time by registering for free before the day
- Read through the Exhibition programme before the event – or over a coffee when they arrive – and pinpoint who to visit
- Timetable their day, taking in the free sessions on offer within the different arenas. We'll be in the Learning Arena on 30 April at 16:45 sharing our thinking on employee engagement.
- Schedule time to meet up with current providers for an update – or just to say hello. We're on stand 446.
- Arrange to catch up with colleagues and contacts before they arrive – rather than hoping they’ll bump into them.
- Make notes on the day about interesting people met – or ideas generated.
- Allow time to network by attending one of the speed networking sessions on stand 460 at 10am, 12noon and 2pm.
- Retain some unallocated, free time to walk around the Exhibition with an open mind – to see if there are areas of talent management not yet considered.
- Request information to be emailed rather than carry bags of brochures back to the office.
- Ensure that their registration details with the organisers are complete – it can be so disappointing to ask a supplier you meet to send information on, and then not receive it because the email address you gave the organisers was incorrect, or you said ‘don’t pass it on’.
- Follow up with suppliers they are really interested in talking further after the event - rather than waiting for the supplier to call them.
- Wear comfortable shoes!
We look forward to seeing you for a great couple of days. You can catch us:
- in the Learning Arena at 4:45pm on Wednesday 30 April talking about engagement surveys and asking if they are central to talent management or a waste of time.
- on Stand 446 - sharing our ROI Calculator with those wanting to look at the uplift to the business from improving performance management. So, drop by at our stand and work through the ROI calculation. You’ll need to bring along some readily available company information so get in touch and we’ll send you the list. We're likely to be very busy, so you may want to reserve a time slot with us.
We look forward to meeting you - do come and see us.