Northampton Police wanted to design, develop and deploy a standard, Force-wide PDR process making use of Head Light’s Talent Performance software. An effective roll-out, communications and support programme led to unprecedented PDR engagement figures in the first three months of release.
Northamptonshire Police started by setting up a cross-functional working group to capture feedback and comment from across the Force. The aim was to ensure that engagement, understanding and buy-in was nurtured from the get-go.
The team set up a pilot study involving the IT department helped to form strong links with those working with the technology and put in place a comms, roll-out and training programme. Support too came from the unplanned; videos from users and comments posted on social media.
In developing and launching the new PDR across the Force, Northamptonshire Police has:
- Achieved higher than ever PDR engagement rates.
- Engaged the internal IT team with the project from the outset, helping to plan a phased roll-out.
- Prompted further discussion about how to introduce development actions alongside the PDR.
- Proved the value of a cross-functional working group to gain support and advocates.
- Made use of advocates across the Force.
Read the abridged case study exploring how Northamptonshire Police set about designing and deploying a new approach to PDR. A longer version of this case study is available - contact us to obtain a copy.
Learn more about how we can support you to design and develop your own performance management process.